Ask an expert

22 Jul 2006

Hi CS, I just wanted to tell you that I went to see my psychiatrist, he was really great and he looked at my history of not being able to function well on many AD, he is still very concerned at my severe side effects to Aurorix and Depnil (the latter being the generic but I suppose I don't need to tell you that) and has reported these to the medicines council board. Anyway he has now put me onto Cymbalta and I am going to see him in 2 weeks time again. What was different this time is that we are going to actaully get some councelling done as we know the cause of my depression - I left a job where I was very much in demand, was popular, was the only person that could do the job (at the time) and now I work on my own from home, so hence the lack of contact and possitive feedback that I obviously thrived on is slowly killing me emotionally, I'm one of those personalities that needs people. We hope to also get past this point and move on to me not needed anyone else to reaffirm how great I am, I need to get to the point where I realise that myself.
Anyway what do you think of Cymralta? will it help initially to lift me out of this pit of darkness?
By the way, this thing with the psychiatrist is going to cost a fortune and although our medical aid has run out my husband will pay for my consultations and medication so I guess I'm very fortunate. AND I HAVE THIS GREAT ANNEXURE AND YOUR OPINIONS TO HELP ME TOO, THANK YOU!
Answer 465 views

01 Jan 0001

Sounds like further real progress, Hope --- well done. The counselling element is, I think, very important. People have reported really good results with Cymbalta. Actually, over-all, ALL aD's are useful in around 70 & of people who take them. Some of us, then, will be in thr 30 % who don't do well on the first one we try, but the odds are that we will soon find the one that best suits our own particular chemistry. Hope you'll soon recognize your own inherent greatness, not needing afirmation from others.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9361 votes
67% - 19296 votes