Ask an expert

13 Aug 2007

Dear CS, I am hoping that you can help. My husband and I are getting divorced after he had an affair before and duing my pregnancy, my daughter is now 4 months old. I cannot forgive him and I want to get on with my life. We are in "negotiations" and what I would like to know is from what age could my daughter start staying over at my husband. My feelings are that only after about 18-24 months. I want this to go as smoothly as possible and as undisruptive to my baby girl as possible and I feel that her staying over in an unfimiliar environment will bring on insecurities and be unsettling for her. Also, do you have any views on custody?

Please advise?
Answer 395 views

01 Jan 0001

Firstly, Maria is right, use the support available on the Divorce Support forum. I think the answer to your question can't be generalized, as it depends on the nature of your husband and his relationship with the child. She is unlikely to be necessarily upset at spending some time in a new environment, IF it is itself also a stable environment, and if both you and your husband / ex treat this as normal, rather than either of you being alarmed or angry about it.
Axcellent response from FIo
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19345 votes