Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Jul 2005
Daughter was diagnosed with ADD
Can anybody give me some advice, my daughter was diagnosed with ADD amongst other problems, she has low muscle tone and is well below average for her age. She absolutely adores her sister who is older than her by 2yrs4months but my eldest daughter has no time for her. She is also struggling to fit in with her step brothers and although I have tried to explain to them that she is a little slower and they must try and understand it is a lot for them to grasp. How do I handle the situation? She is also on Ritalin but tends to not want to eat when she is on it so I don't use it over weekends as it scares me, am I doing the right thing?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'If I get time, I will': Zandile Gumede open to visiting Zuma
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9370 votes
67% - 19368 votes