Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Apr 2006
Death by injection of Air
Could anyone tell me whether it is in fact possible to die by injecting yourself with air, and how long it would take.
Max, this would be an extremely bad idea. I understand that you are clearly very depressed and it may feel attractive right now to find a way to gove up --- but the condition you are in, is treatable, and you could be a great deal better before long --- go, call and see your doctor, your shrink ( if you already have one ) ; or to the nearest Casulaty Dept, and get the help you need and deserve. And promptly, get rid of the syringe, and of anything else that you might think of using to harm yourself. And remember that what you are contemplating has an even greater risk, perhaps, than death --- it could cause effects like a stroke --- so you could well survive, with every problem you have now, but added to that, paralysis or other stroke effects. Don't do it. DO see a doc asap, and when you have started proper treatment with him/her, contact us again and let us know how you are getting on, as many of us will be worrying about you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes