Ask an expert

08 Jul 2010

I think I might suffer from mild depression - I dont know why or what caused it but lately all I do is cry (coz things dont go my way) - I am very suicidal, I always come up with creative ways of killing myself. I was never like this why is this happening now?
I had homonal imbalance in my teen and doc put me on Yasmin and I seemed ok but now we r TTCing and I am off the pill and I just want to kill myself.

I also think I might have some sort of attention seeking syndrome  -) if I feel I am not the centre of attention then I cry I insult BF just so he can talk to me etc.
I dont want to feel like this, do I go to my GP or straight to psychologist?
I have lost interest in my life, all I do is go home, cook, clean eat n sleep! No more gym, no more studies!
Answer 420 views

01 Jan 0001

Nobody with a "mild depression" seiously thinks of suicide - you seem to be describing a serious depression which needs to be taken seriously. You need to see a proper specialist psychiatrist if at all possible, and at least a good GP, as soon as posible, so as to start proper treatment. This condition can surely be greatly inproved before long, but needs a skilled assessment and discussion of treatment options
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.