Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Dec 2005
Different job options
I have a job offer next year to work and train as a bookkeeper and learn that side of things. The hours are very good. At the moment I do call center/customer services and not getting anywhere. I studied bookkeeping so it would be a perfect oppurtunity for me to get some training in that line. I also feel that working on a call center has no future as they just hire young people and you can't do it when you are older. There seem to be more jobs out there for Bookkeepers. Please could I have some opinions on which is a better career option. I will earn less in the Bookkeeping position but I think it will at least give me training I need to get another better job one day. I am stagnating where I am at the moment.
If this inolves essentially free training and experience, and new job openings later on, what would there be to lose ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
- Melanie Verwoerd | Eish! What is Ace up to?
- ANC to play 'leading role' in 60th anniversary of uMkhonto we Sizwe
- Bok midfield fulcrum Lukhanyo Am 'surprised' by some Lions tour squad selections
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes