Ask an expert

05 Jan 2005

dissatisfied at work
i dislike my job, dont respect my boss in terms of his professional expertise which is not as up to scratch as i think it should be, dont feel too much for my colleagues, basically i hate working in this place i am at. the work is not enough to fully engage me mentally and i feel that instead of developing my self i am just regressing. it depresses me but i feel obliged to stay because being a non-south african, they helped me obtain my work permit. but i feel enough is enough and want to leave. how can i go about this discreetly and are there any legal repercussions i might face if i left. one time they said something about hunting me down if i left. please assist
Answer 427 views

01 Jan 0001

Again, I'm surprised that none of our other readers, experienced in office problems, have responded yet !
Basically, these days, any of us in a job is lucky to have it, and it's wise, if we're unhappy in the job we have, to look carefully for another before thinking of leaving the one we already have. Discuss things with your boss / supervisor, asking if there are opportunities for further training, or enrichment of your job ; maybe some further studies you might undertake in your own time.
As for the legal issues, I'm no lawyer ( he said with pride) --- so contact the Dept of Labour or a labour lawyer for specific advice.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.