Ask an expert

17 Feb 2004

Divorced parent
My dad has just informed my mother that he is leaving her, apparently not 4 another woman(do not believe this). They have 2gether 4 more then 30years. I think that she is relieved coz their marriage has not been "stable" for quite sum time. I just wanna know, beside seeing a psychologist, is there any support groups or sumthing that she can go to to help her deal this. She is a very strong woman but I think she's gonna need sum guidance to get through this. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!!
Answer 428 views

01 Jan 0001

NNNN, apart from the resources mentioned by others, if she sees a good psychologist, that should be able to provide all the support she needs, specifically designed to meet her personal and particular needs. If other needs were identified in that process, then might be the time to look for other resources. On the one hand it's good to be sympathetic and supportive, but there are grounds to be cautious that too keen an expectation that problems somehow ought to arise, can help to give rise to problems that might otherwise not emerge.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.