Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Feb 2004
My dad has just informed my mother that he is leaving her, apparently not 4 another woman(do not believe this). They have 2gether 4 more then 30years. I think that she is relieved coz their marriage has not been "stable" for quite sum time. I just wanna know, beside seeing a psychologist, is there any support groups or sumthing that she can go to to help her deal this. She is a very strong woman but I think she's gonna need sum guidance to get through this. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!!
NNNN, apart from the resources mentioned by others, if she sees a good psychologist, that should be able to provide all the support she needs, specifically designed to meet her personal and particular needs. If other needs were identified in that process, then might be the time to look for other resources. On the one hand it's good to be sympathetic and supportive, but there are grounds to be cautious that too keen an expectation that problems somehow ought to arise, can help to give rise to problems that might otherwise not emerge.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19409 votes