Ask an expert

14 Sep 2009

do i need a psycologist?
I am a 37year old women three beatifull kids but i feel worthless at times, i have no sexual relationship with my husband because i think it goes back to the time my dad molested me when i was a child, my husband says theat i wanted children thats the only reason we had no bed problems but now we have them i am not interested i know my husband since i was 5 years old and i feel not that into him any more, i fell for another mans attention but he treats me like rubbish unless he can get something out of it like helping him doing his laundry paying bills etc (a family friend)i feel down at times and every time i make an appointment at a psycologist a cancell it again i cant stand crying and feeling slef conciuos about my problems can i solve it with out seeing one? a self help book maybe? i need to feel better 9just for the record i have no suicide ideas atall never ever!love life to much)
Answer 463 views

01 Jan 0001

Certainly there is no good reason for someone as excellent as you to feel worthless at any time, and this can indeed be one of the lasting impacts of childhood abuse. It would be highl adviseable to see a good shrink, preferabl a psychotherapist who can provide CBT ( Cognitive-Bhehaviour Therapy ) to restore your self-esteem and self-respect, so you can and will stay away from anyone else who will not treat you with respect. I think if you actuall saw a psychologist you would find that crying and feeling self-conscious might not happen at all, and i it did, it would not last at all long, with any shrink with any skills at all. A shrink has due respect for tears, just as a surgeon respects blood.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.