Ask an expert

16 Jul 2005

Do I reall care for her?
Well lets start from the beginning my girlfriend and I have been bestfriends for about 3 years before dating before I was with her I was not the most faithful type of boyfriend I swore up and down I would never do the same things to her that I had done in the past to both her and myself and I was very serious on the matter more to myself though because I know how I am so we start dating and everythings great were both extremely happy mind you I had been trying to date her for years but anyway we had been together for a while and I did something I really regret I cheated on her I felt like shit and the person I cheated on her with I had been messing around with for about a year and had just ended before dating my present girlfriend I really do care for my girlfriend and I would never in my life want to hurt her but I keep cheating on her and I hate it I don't know why I do it and my girlfriends perfect in every aspect and she is my bestfriend I don't know what to do and I don'y know how I should feel the real question is do I really care for her or am I just fooling myself?
Answer 446 views

01 Jan 0001

You say you don't want to do so, but you continue to keep cheating on her ? Nobody's forcing you to do so. Instead of continuing to do it but puzzling about why, why not just stop doing it ? There's nothing mysterious in the art of not fooling around with the wrong person. Just don't even meet with the sort of people you've been cheating ith. It's that simpl. When someone complains like this, it usually means that they actually want to have their bread buttered on both sides of the slice, and want BOTH their special gf, AND to cheat, and find uncomfortably that this isn't an honourable or comfortable thing to do.
This gf might be your best friend, but it doesn't sound as though you are being her best friend. You know what you need to do, but seem to feel reluctant to do it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.