Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Jul 2008
dont know who i am anymore
how would like to know how it is possible? i used to love watching cricket and rugby. many other things i used to like too. i would like to know how is it possible after all these years ive lost interest. i dont know myself anymore. what i know is i use to give all my love and attention to this. i thought by doing this i wouldnt get hurt. by loving and trusting and giving my attention to people i always landed up disappointed getting hurt. last year i was put into a situation where i had to put down my wall, open up to people, start trusting them and love new friends i meet. only late in last year after sept i started losing interest and not sure what i like anymore and where i fit in. its frustating.
There are several possibilities, obviously, but one often neglected sign of a developing Depression ( and sometimes actual noticeable sadness isn't so prominent ) is a loss of enjoyment of whatever one used to enjoy. Maybe if you have been disappointed and saddened by how SOME people responded to yourtreating them well, that's understandable. From the sound of it, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) might be an excellent way of dealing with this situation, and one that could have lasting benefits for you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Do we really need to walk 10 000 steps a day?
- Over half of adults unvaccinated for Covid-19 fear needles – here’s what’s proven to help
- Many of us overestimate our exercise levels – here’s how to calculate how much you really do
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- THE ESKOM FILES | 'False and fabricated': How Eskom officials colluded with construction giants
- Rural areas leading the way in registering people for Covid-19 vaccinations - health dept
- Never-ending story: Zondo Commission to seek another extension – but will govt pay for it?
- SA Post Office has a new business plan, but admits losing Postbank will hurt
- Sihle Zikalala calls on the ANCYL task team to focus on SA's 'three pandemics'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9519 votes
69% - 20841 votes