Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Jul 2006
Double standards, I say
Morning Prof Simpson and how are you on this bright and wonderful day? Well I'm in the dog box again with the boss and quite a few people here at work. I pointed out a few 'unfair' points that get dished out towards some staff and now I am being given the silent treatment. Isn't it sad that some people will suck up to the boss knowing full well he/she is in the wrong but its to keep themselves in the good books. You know what I've noticed, alot of people don't have the courage to stand up and say what's on their mind for fear of being victimised ................. or given the silent treatment. Ah well, what the heck - such is human nature. Have a nice day and chat to you later.
In the dog box again ? What does the dog think of that ? I've been in that position, many times --- people may privately tell you they agree and support you, and they're so pleased you said it --- but when the confrontation comes, you're all on your own. But, as you say, most people are like that. In such situations when I spoke up, I realized that I wouldn't want to sleep with myself if I didn't do what I felt was right and needing to be done.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Going electric? Infrastructure and technology hurdles must be overcome first - Toyota SA boss
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19933 votes