Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Apr 2006
My daughter age 19 woke up in middle of the night screaming that there is someone at her window - she said that she saw the shadow of the person. We investigated to see whether it was true - no footprints. 1st time she said the person was standing next to her with a gun, the second time Â±2 months after the first time she dreamt that the person is at her window. she said it was real. We had the police there the 2nd time,but nothing was found. we think that she is dreaming - now she is too scared to sleep in her room. what causes this?
Could simply be a recurrent nightmare --- is there any reason why she should be fearing intruders at this time ? Does she feel comfortable about sleping elsewhere than in her own room ? Nightmares are among the normal range of sleep and its disturbances. IF they are very disturbing to her and repeated, seeing a shrink for a checkup might be a good idea ; mainly for re-assurance. But do have a long calm chat with her about this --- it's somewhat unusual for a 19-year-old to suddenly sart having this type of nightmare.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19411 votes