Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Jun 2010
My husband passed away in December 2003 after being sick from cancer for 6 years. Why do i still have dreams of him at least twice a week? I am still single.
Some people manage to recover from a major grief in 6 months to a year, some of us take longer. And sometimes for any of a variety of reasons, grief can be complicated and harder to work through. A grief counsellor ( and many good psychologists of counsellors may be capable of doing this well ) can help a lot. We talk of Grief Work, because it is indeed hard work, and one needs to gradually sort out the rest of our life, enjoying happier memories of the person we loved, and constructing a new life that includes memories of them without being dominated by it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- OPINION | Blood clot risks: comparing the AstraZeneca vaccine and the contraceptive pill
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
- What have rooibos farmers done wrong to still have no control over prices? - Former council chair
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19963 votes