Ask an expert

31 Jul 2008

eating disorder on and off for 6 years
help! have tried countless times to stop this disgusting addictive destructive behavior. starving yourself, then eating far too much then purging as a hope of feeing better, and the cycle continues. i am not in a position to get professional councelling or a psychiatrist, if i could i would, but i cant . i would lose everything if this sad side of me was known to those in my life. please give me advice, i am strong minded and have stopped this before until stress got the better of me and i leaned on eating as a stress reliever. god knows i want to stop this now!!!! i have had enough,. i want my life back!
Answer 403 views

01 Jan 0001

You CAN get proper professional help --- from the Dept of Psychiatry of your neaest Medical School, and also it should be available through your nearest major state /provincial hospital. ANy shrink / doc uyou saw would be bound by confidentiality, so it wouldn't lead to your family or others finding out ( and they may well suspect it already, anyhow ).
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19336 votes