Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Nov 2005
Hi CS en almal. Ek wil iets weet oor die opkrop van emosies. As n persoon hulle emosies opkrop en opkrop vir n baie lang tyd en so ongelukkig is in n verhouding byvoorbeeld dat hulle begin dink aan selfmoord, is daar n risk vir goed soos n hartaanval, stroke of ander gesondheidsprobleme behalwe nou vir selfmoord pleeg?
There is indeed evidence that chronic severe depression, especially if untreated, and chronic stress and anxiety, again especially if untreated, CAN have a negative impact on oyur physical health in many different ways. It can interfere with our immunity to infections, for instance, and can increase the riskm of heart attacks, etc, perghaps through the increase in risk of high blood pressure. And of course some people in efect commit suicide, not by doing anything to harm themselves, but by doing nothing that is necessary to protect themselves, like the chronic diabetic who does not use their medicine properly.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Khaya Sithole | Can SA run a vaccine claims fund when the RAF is in such a mess?
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- What were the trends in Wednesday's by-elections? We ask 3 analysts
- Carbon emissions to surge to second-largest increase in history as economies ramp up
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20040 votes