Ask an expert

01 Jul 2005

Emotional mess
The last few weeks or even months I've felt so out of control. I don't even know who I am anymore.

I don't want to wake up in the mornings to go to work - which I usually love. No particular reason even.
I've been getting so upset with my hubby if he's like 5 minutes late.
When I tell him I'm upset - about anything not just about him being late - he tries to tell me why I shouldn't be upset with logical explanations - most of the time he's right - i shouldn't be upset logically. But I'm so emotional that it doesn't make me feel better.
Then we end up screaming at each other cos he can't understand why I'm upset and that just makes me wish I wasn't even alive.
I sit there crying and he still just carries on screaming that I'm wrong about this and that ...
How can my hubby give me emotional support?

Ive ordered a book about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Ive been reading up about CBT and I really think that it will help me. But until the book arrives I'm feeling soooo... down.
If im depressed is it possible to help myself? Will reading a book sort me out?
I will have to put in so much effort and I don't know if Im in a state of mind to do that?

I just know that I am not myself - I feel helpless and alone. Desperate i guess.
Sometimes I feel like im okay. But then the next moment Im feeling down and everything is wrong again.
Is it normal to be emotional? Do people have to be logical to survive?
Answer 408 views

01 Jan 0001

Emotions aren't about ligic, as you've discovered. Could be a Depression, or an Anxiety Disorder. best to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment and discussion of treatment options, which should include CBT counslling with a good local psychologist. Reading the book could indeed help. Seeing someone as well, could help even more. CBT will help you to be logical, in ways that ARE efective and helpful, about your emotions.
And check with your GP as to how the Zyban might be affecting you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.