Ask an expert

30 Nov 2004

Endometriosis and stress management
can you point me in the direction of a shrink who could help with stress management in the treatment of severe endometriosis? I live in the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg.
Thank you
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi endo-struck,
Actually, I think it's a sensible idea to see a shrink to help you deal with the problems of severe endometriosis. On this site, for excellent reasons, we don't recommend specific shrinks. As a psychiatrist could be too tempted to go the tranqullizer route, you might be best suited by seeing a good local psychologist, to understand the sources of your stress, and to learn a range of methods for dealing with it. Try asking yout GP, or even your gynae, if they can recommend a psychologist who has helped other patients of theirs.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.