Ask an expert

12 Apr 2006

Hi Cs

I wonder if you could help. My husband fell really sick about two weeks ago. Since then, we've heard of many people in the area with the same symptoms. A few landed in hospital. Some people think it's the water. Whocan we take this up with. I don't want to phone the municipality because in my eyes they are useless. Do you have any suggestions?
We live in a Johannesburg suburb.
Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

Try Cyberdoc ; local radio and newspapers, as suggested. And when such problems arise from municipal neglect or stupidity, they ought to get sued, and the full costs should be deducted from the folks at the top of the Council, who rake in the cash and neglected their jobs. Check within the COuncil, there ought to be Public Health / medical officer of Health posts, and their entire job ought to be identifying and checking on such problems.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19420 votes