Ask an expert

22 Aug 2007

Family law
Please help i have the worst father and step mom and have suffered alot of abuse from them for many years i also suffer with depression that my therapist belives was caused due to my father. So recently my husband and i cut all ties with them we do however let them see there grand child once a week. I was out one evening my child was sleeping over at my mother in law i had one to many to drinks there was someone who saw this and told my parents now they are threating to take my child away and they belive i have marrige promblems can they do this my therapits says hell stand up for me in court and that i shouldnt worry. I have a wonderful husband we are wealthy enough to give the best to our child a beautiful home and get all the love in the world. They sprending lies what if they tell these lies to welfare i phoned welfare and asked them to please come see the living conditions my daughter lives in. My parents are obscet with her please tell me what to do.
Answer 396 views

01 Jan 0001

A therapist should, using CBT principles and methods, help you to escape from the impact of your parents, rather than spending too much time just exploring the past. I'm sure your therapist can support you in court if they are foolish enough to try to take your child from you --- and a court would need piles of convincing evidence that you are never a fit mother, not gossip about a single incident. Ask welfare if there is a way to stop your parents from blackmailing you and your family with such idle and meddlesome threats
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.