Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Dec 2004
have a fear of people please help
Well, short, your message was as short as your nickname, so you haven't given much detail of your problem. Most likely, as Dude, says, it'll be a phobia, which is an unreasonable fear of things. What we fear varies somewhat between us --- it may be an exaggerated fear of something which one might reasonably dislike, like spiders or snakes, but enlarged to a degree that is beyond reason and disabling ; or it may be a fully irrational fear of something not at all harmful --- like feathers, or chickens. There are one or two other possibilities, in your situation, but this is by far the most likely. What you need to do is to arange to see a good local psychiatrist ( as your GP to recommend one ) and see him / her for a full assessment of this problem, and then discuss treatment options. Some medications can help a lot, as can psychological / talking treatments, and a combination can work even better. You may be surprised at how relatively quickly this could be cleared up.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19428 votes