Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jul 2005
Some days I wish that the overdose was successful. Today is a day like that. Nothing’s happened to upset me, I have a successful career and great friends. Days like these I just don’t see any point in my existence. I feel as though nothing would be different if I weren’t here. My friends and family asked me why don’t I talk to them when I feel this way? CS, I don’t want to talk to anyone when I get like this. I think that no one wants to hear about how I’m feeling bad again, and if I do talk to them when I feel this way, that I’m going to end up friendless. I’ve been told that when I feel this way, I must avoid being alone, but being by myself right now is what I want most. I hate every part of my being, and don’t want anyone to see this self loathing part of me. It would be so much easier if I didn’t have this life, but the consequences and selfishness of it all scares me more. Contradictive, isn’t it?
Mindful, remember that WE are all pleased and grateful that the OD was unsuccessful, and that usually, so are you. SO this is a bad day. we all have them. Just make it an absolute unbreakable rule that you will take no decisions with any lasting consequences, while you are in such a mood. Is it wise to try to be mostly on your own during the self-loathing phase ? The fact that anyone else ever wants to be with you strongly suggests that the loathing is unearned.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19412 votes