Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Nov 2004
First time visit to Shrink
I'm going to see a shrink next week, I'm very nervous, what can I expect?
believe it or not, blackbird answered this very well ! The shrink is likely to be a pleasant person, interested in you. They should help you to feel comfortable talking about yourself and your problems, and will probably have a series of set questions in the first session, to help them assess the situation and advise properly on the best way of dealing with whatever problems you have. Be frank and open --- being untruthful or trying to hide anything from the shrink would only cheat yourself --- they will maintain confidentiality and understand whatever you need to say ; and will then start work on helping you to understand the nature of your problem(s) and to work together to find solutions for them.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- Appeasing Hitler didn't work, and it won't work with Magashule, says ANC stalwart Mavuso Msimang
- ‘It was a lot’ – Professor Karim tells us why he’s leaving us
- US wants to be global leader in ensuring vaccine access, its SA representative says
- 'Disrespected' Mpofu lays unprofessional conduct complaint against advocate he told to shut up
- Storming Stravino always wanted to be a Bull: 'WP's wingers get lost too often'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20202 votes