Ask an expert

01 Feb 2008

I just read on your site and i think that i have GAD.<br>General Anxiety Disorder. I have all the symptoms, and it seems like many people dont really understand, i wolud please like to know what i can do, its affecting my life terribly.
Thank-you. Nikita
Answer 412 views

01 Jan 0001

Maybe you do have GAD --- it's a common disorder. Fortunately, it responds very well to proper treatment, especially with CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and perhaps some use of medications, such as those which are also used to treat Depression. But you need to be sure of the diagnosis and to get competent advice about selecting the right treatments. Best of all, see a good local psychiatrist for assessment and treatment advice ; at the least, see a good local GP for this. And you should be feeling significantly better within weeks
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.