Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Jul 2006
Getting back together
I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years as even though I still loved him very much I just wasnt in love with him. It hurt him so so so much and it still does... I was so numb when we broke up and so glad to be single that I was really insensitive and did not understand how depressed he was feeling. About 2 months ago I realised how much i love, adore and miss him. He is still very in love with me but has a girlfriend who he says he will never love as much as he loves me. Do i tell him how I feel and maybe have another relationship with him or do i leave it and maybe give him the chance to finally fall in love with someone else?
A, I understanding this --- after 2 years, you decided that you like him a lot, but don't love him, so you broke up ? And now, having seen how much this breakup hurt him, you have decided that you adore him ? I'm inclined to agree with anon, that it sounds as though you felt more positive about him once you discovered that he had a new gf. Maybe he deserves to be left in peace with a more peaqceful; and stable relationship there ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
- Appointing a man to rule the Balobedu kingdom is 'a plot against women leadership' - historian
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20279 votes