Ask an expert

30 Nov 2004

Girlfriend trouble

My husband had an afair years ago which produced a baby. He see his daughter every weekday and sudays for the last 5 years. The 'ex-girlfriend' does not want to allow him to take her someplace else for the visit (probably cause she still wants my husband near...) so he sees her at this other women's house. This has been going on for 5 years now and our marridge is obviusly suffring due to it. He neglects me and we live past each other with him not being there. We also have a son who needs his dad. Is there something legally that can be done to force her to grant him visitation rights off-site?

Please advise
Answer 362 views

01 Jan 0001

If he is neglecting you, etc., that's a problem that deserves both of you getting into marriage counselling to try to sort this out. he should be paying at least as much attention to his child with you, as to the other child. You both need to consult a lawyer, as it might be possible that the COurt would order that she allow him visitation rights, including the right for the child to come to visit with him where he lives, rather than only in the mother's home.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9527 votes
69% - 20980 votes