Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Aug 2007
GOING OUT OF MY MIND!
Hi, I am an active person, recently took part in Comrades but lately(last 2 wks) feel that one day, I can kill someone and the next, sit and cry. I am NOT normally like this. Usually a good 10km+ run can lift my mood, but no amount of running is helping. Could it be that things are just becoming a bit too much ie. my husband is unemployed, my salary covers all expenses, my 8yr old daughter needs attending to, working a full day (doing the job of 2plp), coming home to change my role to "sophie" and still having time to squeeze running in at 5.30 every morning. To top it all off, my husband has a fuse as long as the length of an ant and chooses to ignore me when I try make conversation, the other is that I have no need to be intimate with him either (which adds fuel to the fire), I wish I knew why !! This serious mood change is affecting my work and my home life. Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
We do know that runners can in a sense become addicted to the endorphins which running raises in their system, but it sounds as though there are a combination of stressors causing you to become over-anxious and exhausted. Of course it's a problem that your husband is unemployed --- could he, while continuing job-seeking, take on more of the chores associated with the home and child care ? Chronic stress can lead to Depression as well as general exhaustion, and attention to this could also help to change this unpleasant situation for the better.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
- Operation 'Catch-up' for Bok flanks Kolisi, Du Toit ... and will they square up?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes