Ask an expert

12 Feb 2004

he was unfaithful
My sister is going through a tough period. Her husband on 18 years confessed that he had an affair. She is brave enough to try and work on her marriage (i would have left him immediately), but she is going through a very tough time. She feels that she might cope if they both went their own way. She has tried a psycologist but this does not seem to help. Can you advise a support group / on line or telephonic which she can contact for women who have been through the same situations. Maybe even a book she could read to understand what he was thinking. She is very sexy, beautiful and supportive yet he had an affair with an ugly women that has tried breaking up previous marriages. I need to help her anyway I can - please im desperate
Answer 334 views

01 Jan 0001

If anyone knows of a good support group ( especially if sister can let us know WHERE her sister is located ( town, province ) then please post the contact details for such a group. I still think, even if the first attempt didn't work out best, that marriage counselling with FAMSA might be worth trying.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes