Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Dec 2004
i've got a great job, just recently married too - but the fact is i really hate my life... I hate everything about me and find that so many times i just want to leave and run away from everybody. My husband - my family, people at work they all have no idea. Last night i tried opening up to my husband and it just didnt work. He didnt get it at all! The pain i feel inside i cannot describe in words - it's worse then depression. I find i just want to run away. I want to change my name and hide for the rest of my life - i dont want anyone to find me - not my family, my husband not even my co-workers! If i could i would live in the shadows and never come out - not until i was definetely sure of my safety. My heart has taken too many a beating and just wants to rest now? What can i do to convince myself of where i am...?
iss, this sounds like it could very well be a variety of depression, which could respond very well to proper treatment. The Anhedonia, the loss of pleasure in what would otherwise please us, is typical. Do, please, see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment, so you can then discuss treatment options. Give proper treatment a real chance, before deciding anything about giving up on the marriage, the job, or anything else.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Best evidence on Covid-19 vaccines, immunity and whether the virus will become endemic or seasonal
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Tailored diets are essential for mental health, according to new research
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged'
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- Brian Molefe: I have no regrets that I knew the Guptas
- Reprimand or worse? What could happen if Mogoeng fails to retract 'brazenly defiant' Israel comments
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19471 votes