Ask an expert

01 Nov 2006

Help me
I'm originally from CPT and now live in JHB because of a job offer that my husband took here and also to get away from family politics, I've just settled herer now and now I hear him talking about moving back because of a new challenge back home and also he "misses"his son, that by the way used to live with us and drove me into a mental institution for 2 weeks and robbed me of time that I cannot get back when yet his unemployed mother sits at home and breeds every second year and does not care about his sister who lives up here with us whom I fully maintain. I am happy with live up in Gauteng because it's peaceful where we stay and his ex and his son is out of my way, they are the main factors of arguments in my marriage and they make me unhappy, I don't want to move back to CPT but I also don't want to burst my husband's bubble with his new project.
Answer 413 views

01 Jan 0001

With the help of a marriage counsellor as a referee and catalyst, if necessary, surely you need to discuss all of this with your husband. If you consider compromising to the extent of moving back to CT, can't he compromise by finding a better way to deal with the mother and to get his son trained to behave better ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.