Ask an expert

28 Jul 2005

Help needed urgently
I need advice on the following issues:

Me and my husband have been married almost 2 years he has been divorced previously I am his 3rd wife. He is 38 years old. We are very happy have a baby girl of 1 year old. Lately he cant sleep if he get 2 hours sleep a night it’s a lot that is working on him and above it all he complains that I also keep him awake if I only move then he is awake. This situation has been improving from 23 July 2005, but how long it will last I cant say he gets his off and on times for this sleeping disorders.

He is also in a very difficult situation, can the following be causes of “menopause” in men?

He will start the day very happy go lucky and then suddenly he will get frustrated, then the next moment every one around his irritates him. This is starting to get to me too because he is very nice to me and then the next movement he gets irritated with me and I don’t know why. He says he don’t know what is going on with him he doesn’t know himself to be like that.

The next issue is, he says he doesn’t know how to show his love towards me or our daughter, his afraid of giving his love and then losing us. Its not a matter that he doesn’t love us, he does but he don’t know how to show it. This in a matter I can understand because he went though 2 divorces. I wont to help him but don’t know how or what to do.

He also said that he don’t know how to speak to me anymore. What can I do on my part to make things better and stand by my husband whilst going through this?

May this be that he needs a break and sorting himself out?

Please help me in this regard I love him very much and cant sit back and do nothing I don’t want to loose him, he is my world.
Answer 378 views

01 Jan 0001

Sounds like he's being sressed at work or elsewhere, and may even be becoming depressed. Seeing a counsellor might help. When it's someone's third marriage, you must guess that they have some problems in sustaining relationships ( it can't always have been the other person's fault ) Would he consider marriage counselling with you ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.