Ask an expert

24 Nov 2005

Help Please
dear cybershrink
I have a big problem, i grew up in a very conservative
envoriment regarding sex and how a "lady" should be and
act this I carried with me into adulthood, my problem
is that its very hard for me to innuciate sex in any
way or sometimes get myself to go there. I love my
boyfriend and I love being intimate and I would love
to be more wild and sexy - I do suffer from low body
image sometimes aswell but I would like to be more
free to explore and do things. Spice it up. The problem
is also that I was raped in my earlier years and after that
became very wild and destructive - I had freedom to be sexual
and explore but not in the right way.... I was always under
the unfluence of something.
No I feel so friged and uptight.
How can i overcome this do be free and wild with my boyfriend
without all the hang ups.
Thank You
Answer 418 views

01 Jan 0001

Hello Bubbly,
Sounds like, after the horible experience of the rape, you have, in a way, swung to both extremes of the pendulum --- furstly to the wild phase, and now to the other end of the spectrum, being inhibited. You could be greatly helped by a good local counsellor, preferably one of the CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) variety, to deal wioth the aftermath of the rape, and the curent inhibitions, to be able to feel more in carge of your sexuality, more relaxed, with an enhanced body image, and able to enjoy sex in the way you want to.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.