Ask an expert

16 Jul 2008

Help.depression,"emo" deathwish ,hurting
Dear Doc !
My probleme is that i am alive ! Am a 32 year old female and only devorcide 3 weeks ago ! But he left us on the 7 of April !
My problem is that i am a very depro person since birth ! And i all ready tryed to commit suicide when i was 16 years old ,I was rejected by my parents when i was small and send to life with my grand parents! In that time i was molested as kid by my step granddad !
Then after my grandma`s dead i was sent backm to,live with my parents and I couldn`t fit ! I HAD A HARD TIME GROWING UP WITH THEM ! I and i was never aloud friend and boy friends!
I MET MY HASBAND ON A BLIND DATE FOR MY 21ST BIRTHDAY !A few months later we got married .In that time we went trew allot of things! I had a misgarrage ,then welost our one day old baby girl and eventaly my littel boy was born in 2001.But with his birth terer wer complications and i had to had a historectomy!
We wer married for 11 years ! One day he came home and told me he want a divorce !He left as on the 7 of April without food money power !
I started cutting myself,byting ,pinching and asked other people to hurt me ! AND FOUND THAT I LOVE IT,AND CAN`T GET ENOUGH ! Ialso started a new gothcic look formyself ! Iam on meds likeEspride,Adco-Alam and Clift 20mg .And nothing seems to work iam on medsd for almost 4 months !I also found out that i started losing my hair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx Thea

Answer 532 views

01 Jan 0001

Sory to hear about this unfortunate situation. But see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough assessment, and discuss your treatment options which ought to include medication AND a form of counselling called CBT. I see no value to your being on ALAM, or even Esperide, which sound more like a GP's treatment plan --- see a proper specialist psychiatrist and get an up-to-date treatment plan and transform this gloomy situation
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.