Ask an expert

15 Dec 2004

Helping my boyfriend with his emotional problems
My boyfriend has admitted that he has been behaving badly towards me and that he has emotionally abused me. He says he needs someone who is strong enough to stand up to him. He has also started having feelings for one of his colleagues who is a bubbly person and intellectually stimulating, but slightly crazy, with a similar difficult past as he has had. He says that he loves me deeply but that he cannot keep hurting me. We are trying to work things out. I love him with all my heart and would do anything to help him. What do I do? How do I help him and how do I become more interesting so that he would not want to spend time with the other girl?
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

he should see a good local psychiatrist or psychologist, who will be strong enough to stand up to him, and help him sort himself out. It's not your task to be his shrink and sort out his problems --- that's his duty. Maybe relationshi0p counselling, too
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.