Ask an expert

04 Mar 2004

HIV test
I need someone to pray for me, I so scared, yesterday I wasn't feeling well and so i decided to go to the doctor after work got there and they did some test, Haemoglobia, urine etc but they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I then decided to take the leap and do an HIV/AIds test. Well I did it and right now i'm so scared and to add to my stress , my man whom was with me at that time decided to leave me at the doctors ( he claims that he's scared of blood) and this morning he tells me that i have excluded him from the whole thing, we've suppose to have done the HIV test together as a couple, go to counselling together and so forth. I feel he's not suportive right now and i'm scared that he might be hiding something from me. The last time i had an AIDS test was in November and it was negative, well i was single then. I have asked a close friend of mine to go with me to the doctors after work cause i can't go alone and my man has bluntly refused to go with me. l don't think i can wait till 17h30..... I'm freaking out here. Please can someone talk to me.
Answer 504 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear tboz,
Well, the system is playign up again, so the brilliant response I wrote to you earlier, has disappeared into the wwb.
I'm puzzled by your bf's excuse for dumping you at the doctors, that he doesn't like blood ( I guess one would have to be much more worried about a bf who DID like blood ) --- because he wouldn't usually be exposed to any while with you in the waiting room. Maybe it's his own blood he's afraid of ? The unkown is always the hardest thing to cope with, because there's no way of choosing what's needed. Whatever the result, you'll have something more definite to cope with, and will be able to handle it. But it DOES sound like a good idea for him to get tested asap. Even having his own sample taken shouldn't be too frightening for him, and this is not a valid excuse when the test results could be so vital to your life and health.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.