Ask an expert

22 Oct 2009

How the tables have turned
I was married and I was very jealous throughout, accusing my husband of having affairs and that he wanted other women. This turned out to be true and I discovered this after he left for another woman, she was not the only one he was cheating on me with.

NOW, sicne I got divorced for some ungodly reason guys are all over me. It' s truly weird!!! I didn' t get this kind of attention even as a teenager and also certainly not in my 20' s when I was still married... I must be giving off some kind of ' desperation'  pheromones or something. Whatever, let' s move on.

I have found a very special, dear, beautiful BF and I am absolutely in love with him. He however is (understandably) insecure about guys just randomly coming up to me in bars and restaurants and offering to buy me (AND my BF) and drink. And sometimes that invite us to their tables but I do decline because I go out to spend time with my BF, not them.

How, how, how do I get him to understand that he is so important to me and that I care very very deeply for him, to my very core. I don' t think this silly behaviour from other guys will last long, I mean I am getting older and saggier (are these guys blind????). I want my BF to feel special and loved. Should I take a step back because this is hurting him, or how do I let him feel how much I feel for him?

And NO. I' m not interested in other guys, I do think I' ve found my love. I would like to keep him. But right now me being around seems to be hurting him and he is very sad most of the time. And when a girl approaches him in a place, I just sit back and chill because if she' s flirting with him then he might also feel kinda " cool" . But then he says she was asking about me... NO way!!!!!
Answer 387 views

01 Jan 0001

THink about some couples counselling sessions for the pair of you. If telling him calmly, as clearly as you have in this message, somehow doesn't convince him.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.