Ask an expert

18 Jul 2005

how to find a particular psychotherapist
I need to find a particular sort of person to be a clinical psychologist/psychotherapist/relationship counsellor for my daughter and husband. From my own experience in lay counselling I can tell that I need the therapist to be a woman, not too young, nevertheless with a modern outlook, unrestricted by old-fashioned attitudes, with no personal agenda against either young women or middle-aged men, in order to help these too sort out their destructive relationship. How do I go about finding this person?
Answer 352 views

01 Jan 0001

I understand what you'd like, Daniel. And I rather wish there were some sort of Computer-Dating system to match client and therapist / counsellor. But there isn't, for many reasons, including that it would be very difficult and expensive to keep track of who practised where, let alone to evaluate such important but rather nebulous aspects as attitudes and interests, let alone skills. Your best bet might be to phone your local branch of FAMSA, which should know its range of local counsellors fairly well
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.