Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Jul 2005
How to stop drinking
I doc, I tried all sorts, been to SANCA, shrink, AA, suport groups. My problem is when the clock strike 5, the craving is so big. Like yesterday, the whole day I planned not to drink, I even emptied left over bottle sherry at 3p.m., but boy when 5 come and the kidst driving me nuts I sent for another. I need to stop drinking sherry 1 bottle is not even enough. I prayed, I am suppose to be on a weight loss program, because I am 125 kg. Please help!!
Keep trying, SANCA, AA, shrink support groups, etc. Don't give up. Ask about medications which can help, too. An try bnot having any booze in the house. And dont allow anyone to be "sent" for another bottle. GYm and exercise is an excellent idea, too. the embarrassment, should anyone notice that you go for help, is less than the fact that they probably already know that you drink too much --- only a fool would make you feel embarrassed for having the good sense to actually seek out the help you need.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes