Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Nov 2006
Hurt by family and friends
I'm going through a really rough time financially after getting divorced and its gotten to the point where I dont know where I'm going to get money. When I had some money my sister and father asked me to lend them money as they were flat broke and i had a bit to spare and ending lending each of them R1000, so that is R2000 outstanding when I approached either of them to borrow me money as I need to have money to get to work etc. both of them said that they dont have and what are they supposed to do about it. I then approached my friend or owes me lots but I never asked it back and she said that she would help and now she refuses to take my calls. I have no clue what to do now, as I have already starting selling things in my house, but how can my family and friends use me like this. I always help them and now for the first time in 8 years I'm asking them something and it seems as if im asking the world. I'm just so hurt that I feel like crying.
What they were supposed to do about it was to respect the fact that they borrowed the moeny from you and needed as soon as possible to arrange to be able to pay it back to you. So for a start, STOP lending money to ANYONE else. And check with legal advice, but remind your "friend" formally, of how much she has borrowed from you, that these were NOT gifts, and that she MUST make arrangements with you to pay it back.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19981 votes