Ask an expert

20 Jul 2005

I am so lonely
My fiance and I have been together for a year now. He has a very demanding job and the past month has been really tough.
We have fought alot. He does not pay attention to me anymore. He never phones me during the day. He never sends me emails or sms's. Yet he has time to go out with his friends. These friends are his new collueges. So he spends the whole day at work with them and after work. They are a bad influence, they all go out and cheat and lie and drink themselves into a state and go to strip joints. But my fiance can't see past that. He works late every night til after 12am. On weekends we attend his work functions - where his friends are and I get ignored. He also palys golf on the weekends. So he is never home and it is starting to get to me. I am not aloowed to go out and see my friends bcoz he does not trust me. I even have to ask him if I wanna go to the shop. All I do is sit at home alone every night. I am starting to get lonely. I wanna support him with his job but I also feel like I am coming last in his life. I feel like cheating on him just si I can have someone give me a little attention, but that is just the cowradly thing to do. If I confront him about it, then he land up fighting and then he wants to kick me out of the house.
Answer 414 views

01 Jan 0001

I think there should be a constitutional amendment, forbidding anyone from expecting their partner to phone them during the day. When someone is at work, they're supposed to work, not noodle away with their lover on the phone. Now, if he is neglecting you at home, and going out without you, yet not ( ? "allowing" ? ) expecting you to go out with your own friends, then he's being unfair and showing double standards. OK, he may justifiably be busy at work, but to go out at night with work friends, and leave you sitting alone, is inconsiderate and selfish. Are you sure you want to stay with him ? Don't cheat on him, that doesn't do you any good
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.