Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Jul 2005
I hate him
I have been living with my dad for the past 10 years and cannot move out because I would feel guilty if I left him on his own in a big house. Yet, I resent him and blame him for my mom divorcing him because he used physically abuse her. My sisters also moved out because he used to beat them up. I thought since I was the baby of the house, he will not hit me as I also take care of him, but yesterday he hit me so bad that I could not go to work. I don't know what to do and I have not told anyone about the incident. I hate him more and more each day and wish I would receive a call that he was dead. Are my feelings normal?
he is an incorigable abuser --- leave him, and do so with a clear conscience. it's entuirely his fault if he abuses and drives away everyone who might care for him. Maybe POWA can also advise you here. Your feelings are very natural when considering someone who does such hateful things. Set yourself free, and LEAVE him. Maybe you can at first stay with your sisters.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes