Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Nov 2006
I need help
My husband cheated on me several times and he also beat me sometimes. I am not sure whether I forgave him or I don’t want touch the subject but this things really affects me. Every little thing triggers the anger. I go on everyday as if nothing happened but inside I am slowly dying. I am not excited about life anymore. The things that used to matter to me don’t mean anything now, like my work,family,friends. I am really unhappy. I want to get the trust back for him,but it is so difficult. Can someone tell me what I need to do. I am getting drunk everyday in order to sleep and not think of these things, or overdose myself with painkiller. I am just hoping one day these pills will kill me. I have a 10months old baby with him and its like everything gets difficult. I tried counselling but didn’t work for me.
Please help me I am so depressed.
Please help me I am so depressed.
Counselling, especially of the CBT format, ought to be helpful --- maybe what you experienced when you tried counselling was with the wrong counsellor or the wrong method, or both ? It sounds as though you may be developing a Depression, and the drinking will only make the depression worse and undermine any possible benefits of treatment, and the painillers ought to be avoided and you should have none in the house ( and don't combine them with alcohol ). When you mention a 10-month-old baby, this could be a Post-Natal Depression, too. DO see a good local shrink for a proper assessment, and then a discussion of treatment options, based on the results of the assessment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Wandile Sihlobo | Africa is not a good maize export market right now - here's why
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19997 votes