Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Nov 2005
I need to know!
Is there another alternative to treating bipolar disorder than meds? I'm not keen on going on the meds..does it really make such a dramatic difference? I'm fed up with the lows and the highs - but then again, is taking the meds the only way to go..???
It really can make an enormous difference, and its worthwhile persisting to find the right combination of meds to do the job needed. If the diagnosis has been made correctly --- and if you're unsure, seek a second opinion from a good local shrink --- then there is no alternative treatment shown to help. SOme CBT counselling can help when used AS WELL as the medication, but we wouldn't recommend it instead of meds for Bipolar Disorder
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Wandile Sihlobo | Africa is not a good maize export market right now - here's why
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19999 votes