Ask an expert

24 Nov 2004

i really hate myself
hallo Doc, in mylife i have been known to be lier and skimmer, i used to planned lies in my life, whenever i do something that is wrong i would change the whole statement and make it right,

i have made people believe me for what i did, if i was wrong i would convice people that i'm right and they beleived in me. i made many excuses about not attending meetings at work or in community meeeting and i would give valid reasons and people tend to beleive in everything.

so when i got married my hubby did not know that i'm a lier i would do things and he believed me, one day i told another company to deduct money form his accounts when he asked me i sweared and saaid i know nothing about that, i told him maybe thta company made a mistake. i mean that i lied about many things that i can't mentione here, soi onec told my hubby to forgive me and of ccause he forgave me, so today i told him about something he does not beileve me for a moment, hesays i used to lie and how can this be serious and i swear this is very important, how do i make him see that i've changed i'm new person. i tell him the truth.
Answer 395 views

01 Jan 0001

So, you are a skillful liar, and have realized that this is not a good idea. And it sounds as if on some ways, like about the money, you have ben seriously dishonest towards your husband.
And you have discovered the central and main problem about lying --- that eventually people don't know when you're telling them the truth, and you can't convince them when you are telling the truth. You need to EARN back his trust, by being reliably trustworthy, and letting him find it is safe now to trust you. See a counsello for help, too, which should also please him. You lied so much, he won't believe you are changed in this respect just because you say so --- he can come to believe it if you ARE changed and live as a changed, and honest person, and let him experience that over months and years.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes