Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Jul 2010
Hi. For the past few years, I have been single and have become very introspective. I think a lot about things instead of verbally expressing them. When I meet someone, this concerns them because I am quiet instead of saying what is going on in my head!! Is this a learned habit that I could get out of or is it a personality trait? I have always been more on the introverted side of the spectrum but never this bad. Please help. Thanks.
Remaining too quiet is easily unnerving for the other person - and so it is if you blurt ou everything you're thinking. A personality trait describes tendencies ro some patterns, but your behaviour is still potentially under conscious control. Sounds like you may be over-intellectualizing, and over-analyzing, which can leave less time for simply being and living.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Wandile Sihlobo | Africa is not a good maize export market right now - here's why
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19999 votes