Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Jul 2005
Its me, thank you so much
Hi, thank you so much. You all set my mind so straight. Thank you cyber shrink. I need to pull through these exams, they only begin thursday... I have time and I will cope!. I just panic sometimes. I know besides my circumstances of the Eating disorder/ cutting/ alcoholism/lost boyfriend and friends/ rape/ depression and suicidal ideation, I am my own worst enemy and with right eating I can develop a healthy mind to tackle my other issues I have got. And to think it all so simply began with an eating disorder a year ago and I had no issues whatsoever, so if any of you are into that sort of thing and reading this, take this for example... look how it screws up a perfect life... hope ill be able to help one day.
Maybe, if you feel you can't help panicking, try doing it deliberately and on schedule --- set aside 3 minutes at a convenient time, in which you will allow yourself to panic about the situation ( no more than those 3 minutes, mind !). And any other time you feel tempted to panic, remind yourself that it's the wrong time, and postpone those feelings till your 3 minutes turns up. You're so obviously intelligent enough to handle all of this and get it right, though probably not all at exactly the same ( you're just an ordinary superwoman !) You're going the right way to turn things round and sort them out --- keep up the excellent work of the last couple of days !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Damian dilemma: Why Willemse is key to Stormers breaking duck
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9469 votes
68% - 20243 votes