Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Dec 2005
I have been married for 8 years and have two kids age 6 and 4. Since I'm married, I am not allow to have any friends or even go out with friends. I have therefore lost all contact with my old friends. At one time he found out that I was busy chatting with my old school friend whom I know for 29 years who live abroad, he choked me and left marks in my neck. This is one of the examples I'm using. I then told him that it will be better if we separate, he then said that he will strike a match and burn me out whilst choking me. I am afraid of making the wrong move cause I don't know what the result will be. Please help.
Married or not, you're allowed to have friends and to see them --- if your husband doesn't "allow" that, he is being abusive. And potentially dangerous. Call POWA ( in the phone book ) for a detailed discussion of your options, including planning a safe way to leave the creep and get a court order preventing him from any further attempts to abuse or disturb you. POWA can help you explore alternative sae places you and the children could go to --- their going to school next year is no reason to stay with such a rat --- they will be far better off away from him.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Wandile Sihlobo | Africa is not a good maize export market right now - here's why
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19999 votes