Ask an expert

26 Jul 2005

Kunsmatige insuminasie???
Ek was twintig toe ek by my eks vrou begin kuier het. Ons het n baba beplan maar sy wou nie saam my slaap nie en het gesê sy sal kunsmatige insuminasie op haarself toepas. Sy het en is toe swanger. Is dit moontlik vir n vrou om sommer net so swanger te raak? Sy het n inspuiting gebruik. Dit pla my want my seun nou 15 bly by my na die egskeiding en ek wonder baie of hy rerig my kind is. Ons lyk glad nie na mekaar nie en het nie dieselfde belangstellings nie. Hoe kan ek uitvind of hy wel my bloed is. Sal nie anders oor hom voel nie, het hom baie lief en verruil hom vir niks.
Answer 1,496 views

01 Jan 0001

This story sounds rather fishy to me. Yes, a woman can become pregnant quite easily by artificial insemination. But I don't believe that any proper and ethical doctor other than a disgusting quack, would EVER agree to carry out such a procedure on a healthy woman who simply didn't fancy having sex with her husband.
The procedure doesn't involve an injection of the usual sort, but would have required that you make a special donation of sperm, produced by you in the lab so it could be collected and carefully kept, and then placed inside her in the right manner. If this did not happen, and if you did not provide sperm in this way, then it would sound likely that she was lying, and she then must have become pregnant by someone else. I would therefore also wonder whether the child was indeed yours, and would consider suggesting DNA testing to prove whether this is so or not.
This procedure would require blood or other samples from you and from the boy, with his consent.
Its admirable that you still love the boy and that you feel so sure that this would not change whatever the outcome of such testing. In a very real sense, like an adoptive parent, you are his "real" father anyway, as you are the man who did the fathering during his life. But you may want to be sure whether or not your wife cheated you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19435 votes