Ask an expert

18 Feb 2004

Liars and a Cheat
My problem is two-fold, I have a 25yr old daughter who constantly lies about EVERYTHING and a husband of 26yrs who likes to drink. My Daughter is also very Gay orientated and will not admit to being GAY even though there is nothing feminine about her. The biggest problem with her is that she has a son that I look after and she doesn't have time for him. He is constantly biting her (doesn't bite anyone else) hitting her and anything else you can think of. This is causing major upsets with him as they live with us and his behaviour around his mother is embarassing. When she is not around he is as calm as can be and listens when spoken to.

My husband on the other hand has literally been caught (on Video) with his pants down with a "Lady of the Night" and he denies it even though he has seen the evidence. He syas that when he drinks he can't remember anything, but comes home with PLENTY of evidence that he has been fully occupied while not answering his phone. Then of course I'm called every name in the bookand more. How does a man have sex and not remember doing the deed when he comes home with used condoms.

Have asked husband to have AIDS test and to go to AA but nothing has come of it (He did agree to that)
Answer 404 views

01 Jan 0001

I dont believe any of us can have any sympathy for your slut of a husband, who is exposing you to a significant risk of AIDS. Why not dump him ? he doesn't sound as if he's any benefit or help to you. He and your daughter are both adults, and totally responsible for the choices they make in life, and for their actions and the results of those. His drinking is irrelevant --- if he finds he does stupid things when drunk, and can't remember them afterwards, the solution is terribly simple --- to stop drinking.
As for the child, here's the innocent party, who does deserve your love and care, as the mother sounds selfishly incapable of giving what he needs. Maybe th Welfare authorities can advise as to whether she is a fit mother, and whether there cannot be some assistance provided to you, financially and emotionally, to help you to help the child.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes