Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Nov 2006
Please help me. I am stuck in a relationship for 4 and a half years now. We both like to drink over weekends. Sometimes it gets out of hand and it is mainly me losing my cool and aggrevate the situation. This is the second time that he hit me through the face. When i asked him why he is downloading pictures of naked ladies onto his phone, he denies it - although i saw it myself on his phone. Please don't get me wrong, a mms is stunning, we did that for each other. He promised to me to stop subscribing to these hot phone lines, but to no avail. Marriage has been a very difficult discussion. He always find excuses not to get married - see, he's got a son from a previous marriage and is divorced. I find it difficult to trust him and am unsure if i want to spend the rest of my life with this or be alone. Time is running out and i would love children, but from a supportive father.
Maybe you both need to stop drinking, first. Then see a marriage counsellor to sort out the main problems and above all to learn how to solve relationship problems when they arise, if you arer absolutely determined to continue what sounds like a highly dysfunctional relationship. I tend to agree with Pam. Don't dream for anninstant of having children with someone with whom you have this sort of relationship.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Going electric? Infrastructure and technology hurdles must be overcome first - Toyota SA boss
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9430 votes
68% - 19929 votes